Saturday, September 27, 2008

Re-watch-ability



I had a tough choice to make in the first panel - accuracy, or recognizability. Over at TV Tropes (one of my favorite sites), they call this a Beam Me Up, Scotty - a phrase that everyone remembers but was never actually said word-for-word. The actual quote is, "No, I am your father." But that doesn't scream "Star Wars" the way "Luke, I am your father" does. Similarly, I'm not sure if the 2nd panel quote is accurate, but it's close enough.
And again, props to Jenn for helping with the last panel. She pointed out that it's funnier if you *have* to watch it over and over, rather than the first two, which you *want* to re-watch.

1 comment:

Just Us said...

This is hilarious. But mostly I like how happy I look. Because that's what I look like in real life when we're watching all of those shows. You're my favorite!